Sunday, July 22, 2012

Blores Hill 6 Hour

Gippsland MTB Club managed to turn it on again this weekend with their 6 hour Enduro, part of the VES. The track was incredibly fun and the weather was good. Al had a cracker of a race, despite a broken chain which cost him a good 10 minutes. When he ran into transition he was missing a chain so had to backtrack to find it!
We rolled into the Caravan Park Saturday afternoon and headed out for a practice lap. Bumped into a few friendly faces and rode with them all of us saying how rad the course was, flowy, fast and lots of descending! Pumped to be racing the next day we headed to the pub for dinner with the boys doing a splendid job of finishing of their parmas which were the size of plates, massive! I on the other hand started to feel progressively worse and felt as if my head was about to explode off my shoulders.

Back to camp where Al tried for awhile to light a fire, with no luck we jumped into our sleeping bags. 2 hours later, sound asleep the tent lit up, it seemed the fire had decided to start. Al jumped up and put it out, and half an hour later it flared up again! I decided I needed to get the hell over this cold which has stopped me from doing much the last 2 weeks and hung out in the pits with Norm and Adam and Liz when they weren't out racing.

poser... been watching too much of the TDF?
I turned it into a positive and tried to be a sponge as I watched the World Champ team of Jess and Norm in action and tried to take it all in and learn as much as I could, whilst passing Al drink bottles and gels. All in all a good weekend out, a big thanks to Gippsland MTB Club and all the vounteers, Giant, PureSport Nutrition and Ay-Up lights! Having not raced this weekend, I'll be good to go for the next 6hr VES in my hometown of Castlemaine!
Also managed to take a few photos:


thanks Jess and Norm for letting us steal a patch of tent




start line getting ready to rumble


sweet singletrack

Mandy and Sharon in the pits. Well done Sharon and Tim for coming 2nd in Mixed Pairs
as usual the dirtiest competitor of the goes to- Al Gribble

No comments:

Post a Comment